Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Green Beer

Not in the way you think though.

A few years back I had come out to the Outer Banks to visit my brother and sister-in-law.

I was driving back from the Wright Brothers Memorial looking for a place to cool off and get a bite to eat.

As I was heading south on the highway I saw this:


In a place as windy as the Outer Banks, a wind driven generator seemed like a great idea.

Hell, if it chopped up even one sea gull a week it seemed like a great idea.

It was attached to a brew pub.


A really great brew pub.

We were on our way back from Kitty Hawk the other day. My beer level was dangerously low.

The "Sunday FunDay" crowd in Memphis will tell you that you should NEVER let your beer levels drop below the point of minimum safety.

Besides that, I wanted Chris to see the place.


Outer Banks Brewing Station, a place you can drink beer and feel good about the environment whilst doing so.


Despite it's church-like appearance outside and in, it was specifically designed for this business.


Four really good reasons to stop in.

The place isn't just about the beer. The food is outstanding.

In the meantime, it's off to the beach for me.

Until the next time, all y'all take care of yourselves.

Air Traffic Mike, ret.

No comments: