Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Memphis In The Meantime

It's true.

I'm headed off to Memphis in a few weeks.

The condo doesn't Winterize itself.

Besides, I need me some Memphis. Even if it will only be for a couple weeks.

For those looking forward to seeing Christine again, I have some bad news. I'll be "flying solo". Her workload won't permit a two to three week trip right now.

Come Spring, I guarantee things will be different.

It will be good to see the Memphis gang again. While my life keeps me away these days, there isn't a day goes by that I don't think of you one and all. It is a blessing to have so many friends in so many places.

I will see y'all at the end of this month.

Meanwhile, I do have some fun stuff coming up.

Looks like I'm going striped bass fishing with my best friend this weekend. "Stripers" as we call them, are some of the best tasting fish on the East Coast. They are the larger, sea going cousins of Croppie. They get much larger and put up much more of a fight than their fresh water kin.

If we catch one or one hundred matters not.

Another day of fishing with my best friend is a priceless time.

However, I think we'll have something for the stove upon our return. Rarely have we been "skunked" fishing.

In other news, there's a project afoot. I'm pretty excited about it, not only for the potential but the product itself.

"Doc" brought some out for a taste test the other day. After all, it IS his "baby". I thought I was blown away by the idea of it. I was completly blown away yesterday.

Seriously, it is THAT good.

I guarantee you nobody in Memphis presently has it.

I guarantee you that any chef or foodie will understand it right away.

Like so many other great things, it is both simple yet complex.

Once you have some, you'll want more.

It will kick your "cooking mind" into high gear.

At the same time, you will appreciate it by itself for its simple elegance.

I won't tell you yet what it is.

That will have to wait.

Just know this. Starting in early January, you will have a new food obsession.

A lucky few will get a taste of it when I get home at the end of the month.

Those that are on my list will be notified shortly before I come back to Memphis.

If you don't receive an invite, please don't be offended. I can only bring a limited amount with me.

If you do receive an invite, please show up. You won't want to miss this. If you do miss this, I will likely have to exclude you from other product roll outs.


That's all I can say for now.

Until the next time, all y'all take care of yourselves.

Air Traffic Mike, ret.

No comments: