Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Driveway Arboretum/Dog Day Afternoon

The weather here, of late, has been spectacular!

Right now I still have the windows open. That will change as the heat of the day pours in this afternoon.

Sunday night into Monday, we were dog sitting for Christine's daughters.

What's the difference between two dogs and four dogs?

Twice as much fun.

All four dogs get along beautifully.

There's only one rule:



DO NOT STEP, PEE, OR POOP ON CHRISTINE'S "DRIVEWAY TREE"!!!!!!!!!!!

This mighty specimen has survived two years as a "volunteer" plant at the top of the driveway.

Come Fall I'm going to transplant it into a large planter so it can continue it's journey towards maturity.

Why?

It has survived being covered with snow and ice. It has survived drought. It has survived being stepped on (my bad on that one).

It has fought to live.

It deserves no less than our best efforts.

Monday, like I said earlier, was a perfect day.

I had the herd out on the "back 40" to enjoy the afternoon.


What's more relaxing than watching a pack of little doggies enjoying a moment in the Sun?

Unfortunately, I forgot to embrace that concept later in the day. By the time Christine arrived home, I was in a full blown "grump". I was bemoaning the fact that I had been "tied down to the house" all day.

I hate when I'm a fool. I hate when I'm wrong. I hate when I get grumpy for no good reason.

Monday, I did all three.

My deepest apologies, Christine.

"Millie" and "Butter" went home Monday night.

Yesterday I spent time with my family. Nobody can ground me faster than them.

I'll spare you folks the details for now.

Today is sunny, mildly warm, and low humidity.

I'll be taking "Billy" and "Mercedes" for a walk on the river in a bit.

In the meantime, I'm making them something special:


Crock pot cooked chicken.

These two dogs LOVE chicken. There are five thighs and three breasts in there.

That should last them about a week.

The nice thing is, the crock pot doesn't make the kitchen all hot. Not even on the hottest days of Summer(which surely will return).

Time to take the doggies for some exercise.

Until the next time, all y'all take care.

Air Traffic Mike, ret.

No comments: